The manuscript editing services that we provide are universal for all types of submissions and manuscripts and receive the same rigorous scrutiny. Do not be mislead by other scientific editing services that often provide “tiered” levels of quality depending on how much you pay. Our philosophy is that a language editing service should provide you with superior quality so that your manuscript is submission-ready when you receive it. Our one low price provides everything you need to perfect your manuscript.
Our Scientific Editing & Translation Process
- Submission: Manuscripts and other documents can be emailed or uploaded using our online submission form.
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation email that we received your manuscript, the fee, and when your edits will be complete. If the terms are acceptable to you, we can start the edits immediately.
- Assignment: Once received, your manuscript is assigned to an editor in a field with the appropriate expertise. Each manuscript is edited and reviewed by 2 independent editors.
- First edit: The first editor assigned to your manuscript will critique it for grammar, spelling, general clarity, flow of prose, and scientific flow.
- Second edit: The manuscript is then reviewed a second time by a managing editor with expertise in the appropriate field who will “fine tune” the manuscript so it’s effective at conveying the scientific data presented. Having two editors review your manuscript gives you independent reviews of the content and provides a broader critique of your material.
- Revisions: Continued editing support until your manuscript is accepted.
- Payment: Payment is not due until the editing is complete
Our editors take pride in their ability to make your manuscript flow with clear and concise thought progress in addition to general grammatical corrections. All edits are marked as “tracked changes” in Microsoft Word so you can see exactly what the editor has recommended. Editors often add comments in the margins as well to make suggestions on improving specific aspects of the manuscript.
You are encouraged to email or call the managing editor at any time in the process with questions.
Our Money-Back Guarantee
We strive to give you a well structured and grammatically polished manuscript that has been given the best editing possible. Your manuscript will be returned with edits that make it submission ready. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
- If you are not completely satisfied, we will work with you on further revisions until you are completely satisfied.
- We guarantee that your manuscript will not be rejected on the basis of language alone if you accept the recommendations of our editors. If it is, we will refund your money.
- Editors that work for you will not have a conflict-of-interest in your field.
Editing & Translation Pricing
Bioscience Editing Solutions does not believe in providing different levels of editing quality based on price. We charge one flat fee of $.06/word (excluding references and title) for our editing service that includes the following:
- English grammar and syntax correction
- Removal of superfluous information
- Improvement in clarity and prose
- Correction of spelling and punctuation mistakes
- Check of scientific clarity
- Journal specific layout optimization/word reduction if necessary
- Restructuring of sections, paragraphs, and sentences if needed
We can normally return your manuscript to you within 2 to 4 days after receiving it. However, if you require it sooner, we are able to offer a rush service for $30 US per double-spaced page (~250 words). Rush orders are generally returned to you within 1 day.
Payment is not due until the editing is complete. Our billing is handled by the services of PayPal and we do not collect any financial information from you. Paypal accepts all major credit cards, wire transfers, and debit card. We can also accept a direct bank transfer for an additional transfer fee.
We also offer the ability to set-up pre-paid accounts for editing and translation services. An account can be easily set-up in minutes and editing/translation fees are deducted for each order without the need to pay online. A balance summary statement is emailed to you monthly. Pre-paid accounts are very convenient for scientists who expect to have several consecutive orders or for researchers who have a deadline coming up on the funds of a grant.
Bioscience Editing Solutions provides substantial group discounts for universities and companies who partner or contract with us for our services. We are able to provide high quality editing and translation services for all scientists or physicians within a department. See a list of our partners, and feel free to contact us for more information.
Looking for fast, quality technical editing or translation services? Get a Quote Now